These super simple baked tomatoes make for an impressive brunch or starter served with a green salad, they are also a fun side to serve at barbecues. I've used pesto, but the same method would work using fiery chilli or bbq sauces for your own personalised take on the idea.
- 12 x Angel Bay Gourmet Beef Meatballs
- 12 x medium-sized tomatoes
- ½ cup of basil pesto
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200°C
- Slice the tops off the tomatoes leaving the stalks intact for presentation if desired.
- Also slice a thin sliver off the bottom of each tomato so in sits flat in a baking dish and doesn't roll over.
- Carefully scoop out the seeds and centre core and discard.
- Spoon a little pesto into the base of each tomato and place a meatball on top.
- Add a spoonful more pesto and return the tomato lid.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the meatball is well heated through.
Share this recipe